- (v.) A sound or gesture of mild fear or disgust at something.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'Away From Keyboard'. Usually used to denote that one is
temporarily unable to reply.
- (abv.) Short for 'Alternate' or 'Alternate Character', this term is used to describe a
character under a person's control that is not one of their primary existances.
- 1. (n.) An anthropomorphic creature.
- 2. (adj.) Short for anthropomorphic.
- (adj.) 1. Of or having to do with anthropomorphics. 2. Showing traits or behaviors of
- (n.) The study of human traits conveyed upon animal or otherwise alien beings.
Anthropomorphics often deal with physical cross-mutations of animals and humans as well.
- (n.) Substitution for anyone.
- (abv.) Acronym for 'Acceptable Use Policy', this is usually a document containing legal
disclaimers for internet or other services. Not a furry-specific term.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'Be Back Later'. Ususally used to let others know that you will
be leaving for a duration of time, but will be back later that day.
- (v.) The loud, high-pitched sound a goat, bovine or cervine makes when in distress or
- 1. (adj.) Cow-like in appearence or action; of or pertaining to a cow.
- 2. (n.) Any member of the cow family.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'Be Right Back'. Usually used to tell others you are leaving for
a brief moment.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'By The Way'. Usually used as an ending note or post-script.
- 1. (adj.) Of or pertaining to a dog or dog-like qualities.
- 2. (n.) Any member of the dog genus.
- 1. (adj.) Of or pertaining to a a family of mammals that includes vulpines, lupines,
canines and other dog-like genii.
- 2. (n.) Any member of the canid classification of genii; including dogs, wolves and
- (n.) A half-man, half-horse from myth and legend, the centaur usually has the upper body
(torso) of a man, and the lower body of a four-legged horse.
- (cont.) Contraction for the word Convention.
- (n.) A large gathering of people at a hotel or convention center with a predesignated
theme such as science fiction, role-playing, or anthropomorphics.
- (v.) An action which involves hugging another, though is more involved. It is usually
longer and more intimate than a casual hug.
- (v.) A cuddle involving a lick to the recipient in addition. Contraction of cuddle
- (cont.) Contraction for the word Description.
- (adj.) 1. An animal or being that walks primarily on the front 'digits' of one's feet or
paws. 2. A term used to describe the 'backwards-jointed' leg of most mammalian animals. In
truth, the plantigrade legs of most animals are jointed much the same as the digitigrade
legs of humans, with different length and size proportions in the leg bones.
- (See the Yiffy Glossary)
- (v.) The sound a ferret or other small mustelid makes, as in 'dook-dook'. It is usually
made in a high-pitched staccato style.
- 1. (n.) A sincere but humorous cat with very poor luck who managed to get his own
- 2. (v.) A sound or gesture of mild fear or disgust at something.
- (v.) See Ack or Eek.
- 1. (adj.) Of or having to do with a horse or horse-like features.
- 2. (n.) Any of the family of horses.
- 1. (v.) To annoy, frustrate, or dishearten another, usually through words or actions.
- 2. (v.) To wince or otherwise show annoyance, frustration or disheartenment.
- 3. (n.) (Erked) A state of being annoyed, frustrated, or disheartened. (See also: Irk)
- (n.) A type of mink (mustelid) that turns white in wintertime, ermine is the term used
for the mink during winter when it's coat is completely white.
- (n.) A term for Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that describes the members of that group.
- (v.) Usually a sound or gesture used to express disbelief or lack of acceptance.
- (v.) To fluff the fur of a creature so the fur poofs out, usually loaded with
electrostatic charge. This is not often a polite gesture.
- (v.) A more polite way (than floofing) to fuzz the fur of a creature, making the fur
seem more downy and soft.
- (n.) Term often used when describing a fur's gender when they do not have an apparent
gender or sexual organs. Can also be used to describe a fur who does not wish to yiff,
regardless of gender.
- (n.) One who takes part in spiritual therianthropy, anthropomorphics, or the furry
fandom. Also a character in an RP situation that exhibits anthropomorphic characteristics.
- (v.) Often a contraction for Foreplay, it can also mean a light-hearted or lilting
physical play with another furry character.
- (n.) Furry (anthropomorphic) fandom. Possibly a contraction of "Furry Fandom".
- 1. (adj.) To be heavily covered with fur, a natural fuzzy substance known to grow on
animals for warmth and protection.
- 2. (adj.) Of or having to do with anthropomorphics, especially furridom.
- 3. (n.) One who partakes in the anthropomorphic or furry fandom.
- 4. (n.) A character of anthropomorphic stories, legend, or fact.
- (n.) Replacement for the word Person.
- (n.) ???
- 1. (v.) To make a deep rumbling sound with one's throat, usually as a warning or sign of
- 2. (n.) A deep rumbling sound made with the throat that is used to warn others or show
- (n.) A creature or being posessing both male and female sexual organs. Normally sterile
- (n.) Term used for a hermaphroditic significant other in a relationship.
- (n.) One who likes or is very attracted to dragons/draconians.
- (cont.) A popular dialectual greeting based on the common greeting "Hey",
often used in very informal situations or for added emphasis.
- 1. (cont.) Cross between the words 'hug' and 'snuggle'. It is basically a stylized way
of hugging someone.
- 2. (v.) The act of huggling someone.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'in character'. This is used to tell others that you are
role-playing (RPing) a fictional character, and that the views and attributes of the
character may not be yours personally.
- (abv.) Acronym for 'In My Opinion', usually used to point out a piece of advice not
meant to offend.
- (abv.) Short for 'In My Honest Opinion', much like IMO but more sincere or emphasized.
The word Honest is sometimes translated as Humble.
- (n.) Abbreviation for 'Internet Relay Chat', a type of internet service dedicated to
live chatting and file transfer.
- (n.) Those who control an existing IRC network, usually also those who own or operate
the servers they are run on.
- 1. (cont.) Short for 'Irksome'.
- 2. (v.) See Erk
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'In Real Life'. Often used to seperate something that is real
from something in the virtual reality of the internet.
- (cont.) Abbreviation for 'Just Kidding', commonly used in statements of sarcasm or jokes
to prevent offense from being taken.
- (n.) Slowdowns and long wait periods for information to be sent across the internet,
usually caused by redirected links and extreme usage.
- (n.) A modern urban myth of the furry internet fandom, this shadowy creature seems to be
blamed for the cause of most Lag on furry servers or resources. Users are often seen
kicking or beating him violently for doing so.
- (cont.) Popular contraction of 'Hello'. Commonly used in greetings.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'Laughing Out Loud'. Used either as a contraction or to denote
somefur finding something extremely amusing.
- 1. (n.) A wolf or wolf-like creature. Any of the family of wolves.
- 1. (adj.) Of or having to do with wolves or wolf-like features.
- 1. (n.) An intimate partner that one may or may not be committed
to, often a replacement for the terms boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife. Often a very
general, loosely translated term; it may have many meanings.
- 2. (v.) The act of sharing anal or vaginal intercourse with a
lover, usually a very intimate affair.
- 1. (abv.) Acronym for 'Mis-Appropriated Verb'. This term is used when one makes a
mistake in transmission, sending it to the wrong party or parties. It originates from
circa 1940 military terminology, when codes and abbreviations were very common for fast,
- 2. (cont.) According to popular urban furfandom and MU* legend, it is named after an
original MUDClassic user named Maverick who used to commonly botch who he was sending his
- (v.) A short, high-pitched onomotopieatical sound, usually made by smaller creatures.
- (n.) Any member of the skunk family, or a skunk in specific.
- (n.) A creature of mythical and fantasy legend that is a cross of a man and a bull.
Modern popularization has brought them much into an advanced state when compared to the
beast of Greco-Roman myths.
- 1. (n.) A certain form or state of being, esp in a physiological sense.
- 2. (v.) The action of changing one's physical form or appearance.
- (adj.) Commonly used as a term to describe a cross of human and animal features.
Typically an upright-standing creature with very strong animalistic influences to
appearance and ability.
- (n.) Any of a series of Multi-User database engines that allow multiple users to
communicate and interact via the internet or other serial communications. This term is
commonly used to represent any of MUDs, MUCKs, MOOs, MUSHes, MUXs, etc.
- 1. (n.) A type of Multi-User Database (MUD) in which players interact with other players
or objects in real-time. The origin of the name MUCK seems to be unclear. Some argue that
MUCK is just a witty deviation of the term MUD from which MUCKs are based on, and others
believe it's an acronym for "Multi-User Character Kit". Still others of us who
manage MUCK servers realize that Foxen and Points were on the right track with their
definition: "Messed-Up Code Kludge".
- 2. (v.) The act of using a MUCK.
- 1. (n.) One who is not a part of or familiar with the internal culture of a fandom or
lifestyle. i.e. A mundane is to the furry fandom one who does not know of it or understand
it. Possibly originated from the SCA (a medieval fandom/society) where this term has been
commonly used for a long time.
- 2. (adj.) Something that is not part of or related to a specific culture or fandom.
- 1. (n.) A sound of pleasure or comfort made usually in the back of the throat or chest,
onimatapeatical in nature. (It sounds like it looks.)
- 2. (v.) The act of making said sound.
- (n.) Any of a series of small, rodent-like creatures of the family 'mustelidae'. Their
name is derived from the typically strong musk glands found on their bodies.
- (n.) The nose and mouth area of most mammals, usually an area the projects forward from
- (n.) If you need to know what one is, you probably are one.
- (n.) Uncommon replacement of the phrase 'no one'.
- (v.) The act of rubbing another using one's nose or snout, usually given to a part of
the head such as a cheek or muzzle.
- (v.) A more involved nuzzle whcih includes a lick as part of the action. Contraction of nuzzle
- (abv.) Abbreviation for "out of character". Used to let others know that you
are not role-playing (RPing) at the moment. Those who are permanently OOC do not role-play
and usually share the same thoughts and attributes as their characters.
- 1. (v.) The action of softly running one's hands or feet over part
of the body.
- 2. (n.) See the Yiffy Glossary.
- (adj.) 1. An animal or being that walks primarily on the heel or ball of a complex foot
or paw, as in humans. 2. Term used to describe the human leg and lower body structure,
which is much unlike the plantigrade design of most other mammals. Though humans may walk
in a digitigrade fasion, it is most common and natural for them to walk on their heels.
- (n.) The controller of a character, usually used to symbolize one's real-life (RL)
counterpart to online role-playing (RPing). This term does not apply to all characters as
some "players" are always out of character (OOC).
- (n.) A plush or stuffed animal toy usually carried around or cherished as a keepsake or
trusted friend. Some people are erotically inclined towards them, see Plushophile in the
- (v.) To jump on or at another, especially if by surprise.
- (n.) In MUCK terms, a puppet is a demi-character controlled or owned by a seperate user
of the server. Puppets are sometimes a controversial issue as to whether they should be
allowed in certain locations or on a MUCK at all.
- (cont.) Contraction for 'Recombinant', referring to a genetic recombination of DNA to
give physical characteristics not normally possible.
- (n.) See Recom
- (abv.) Abbreviation or acronym for the phrase "real life". The term RL is
often used when seperating reality from the virtual reality (VR) of the internet.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for "Rolling On The Floor Laughing". Need I say more?
- (n./adj./v.) Short for 'Role-Playing'. Role-playing is a form of virtual interaction and
realistic gaming in which two or more users or characters are interacting live over the
net. It often includes acts not normally possible as a means to attempt to experience or
understand these acts.
- 1. (adj.) Slang for 'Sci-Fi' or science fiction. This is a mildy prejudiced term to
those who follow sci-fi, so use it carefully.
- 2. (n.) A person who is in the sci-fi fandom. Not a pleasant term to those who are.
- (v.) A gentle scratching of oneself or another, commonly a form of affection.
- (n.) Usually a character or person who has fully-developed breasts like a female, but
the genitals of a male.
- (v.) The act of hugging someone closely, often involving intimate contact with the other
- (v.) An action involving a snuggle with the addition of a lick. Contraction of snuggle
- (n.) Replacement term for Someone.
- Spiritual Therianthropy
- (n.) A very deep personal connection to animal totems or the like. This term is still
very unclear to me, anyfur or were wish to explain it to me?
- 1. (n.) A message or action with the intention of distracting or misleading who it's
directed to, often times designed to also hide the identity of the one doing it.
- 2. (v.) The act of using such a message or action.
- 1. (n.) Bodily fluids, especially pertaining to fluids of a sexual nature.
- 2. (adj.) Of or having to do with spooge.
- 1. (adj.) Covered in or by spooge.
- 2. (adj.) Containing a great or copious amount of spooge.
- (v.) To cause a surprised or exasperated reaction in another, usually by doing something
they consider unacceptable or uncalled for. In some furry circles, it is entertaining to
"squick" the mundanes with furry culture that is generally unacceptable by the
- (See the Yiffy Glossary)
- (v.) The act of waving to another in greeting or departure with one's tail.
- (cont.) Contracted version of 'Centaur' or 'Minotaur', usually used in compounded words
and having the root meaning of 'partly equine or having strong equine features'. i.e.
Fox'taur, Skunk'taur, etc.
- (abr.) Acronym for "Truth Or Dare", a popular game on MUCKs. The pipe symbol
(|) is the logical OR in most programming languages, and thus fits in well as an
established part of the acronym. It seems there are many variants of the game found in the
- Tiny Plot
- (n.) An ongoing roleplay or story or plot involving characters at an interactive level.
- Tiny Sex
- 1. (n.) Any type of interactive sexual activity on the internet, usually in reference to
MUCKs and/or furries. The origins of this term come from the MUCKs, as the MUCK program is
called Tiny MUCK, hence sex on it has been referred to as "Tiny Sex".
- 2. (v.) The act of performing intaractive sexual experiences over the internet, usually
- (abv.) Short for 'Tiny Plot'.
- (abv.) Short for 'Tiny Sex'.
- (adj.) An animal or being that walks primarily on a solid or unified foot or paw,
usually having a hoof or cloven hoof as in horses and deer. The Latin for the term comes
literally from walking on fingernails.
- (adj.) See Unguligrade.
- 1. (adj.) Of or having to do with bears, or showing a strong likeness to bears.
- 2. (n.) Any member of the bear family.
- (abv.) Acronym for 'Virtual Object-Oriented Programming'. Somehow commonly confused for
the word 'vixen', a female fox.
- 1. (adj.) Of or having to do with foxes, or bearing strong resemblance to a fox.
- 2. (n.) Any member of the fox family.
- (abv.) Abbreviation for 'Virtual Reality', the false sense of realism that the
interaction on the net can cause.
- (abv.) Contraction of the word "Wizard", a powerful administrative user on
- (n.) A cry of distress, pain or anguish, usually connected to canines.
- (v.) A soft onimatapeatical sound usually made by vulpines or lupines.
- 1. (n.) Yiff is said, in furry legend, to be the sound an excited fox makes, especially
when mating with a fine vixen. Thus, yiff has drawn many sexual connotations in the furry
world. Yiff can be the act of sex, sex itself, or simply an expression or exclamation as
- 2. (v.) The act of yiffing, mating, lovemaking, etc. Also, to make the sound
"yiff" as an onomatopoeia.
- (adj.) Yiffy has many meanings as a word-modifier in the furry language. Being based on
the above term 'yiff', yiffy also has many sexual overtones. Yiffy may mean sexy,
attractive, horny or excited, and can often also be used to mean something is great,
interesting, or acceptable.
- (n.) In MUCK terms, basically the equivilent of 'Puppet' above.
- (n.) Someone or something that practices zoophilia, usually on a regular basis.
- (n.) From the Greek 'zoo' meaning animal and 'philios' meaning deep love for friends,
zoophilia is a deep emotional love for animals. Sometimes this is merely a concerned love
and other times it is as much as an erotic love for animals. Not to be confused with
bestiality which is the lusting after and unemotional attachment to sex with animals.